[Above is a shot from last weeks game. Ok, the booth babes are fake, but the action is real. I'm a Red chaplain, giving quad power to my teammates as we pay Blue a little visit. Where were you!?!? :) ]
Hey Quake Fans!
I tell you, it's an honour to be part of this expo, and a little humbling to read all the awesome stuff people are up to.
My name is OneManClan. I'm the guy behind AGR
- "Attackers Go Red", an O vs D style mod for Custom Team Fortress.
AGR is not really a 'mod', its a set of gameplay rules, enforced in the code. It's designed to increase action, improve gameplay, and enforce teamwork, thus creating a 'Clan Match' feel to games on public servers. Over the last six months, we've also taken this even further, by creating a structured format for what I call the 'Weekly AGR Sessions'
- an organised, scheduled, weekly game, in an attempt to turn Team Fortress gameplay into an artform - this is my passion. If you love Quake, and you crave BIG, team-orientated, action-packed games which leave you exhausted, and exhilarated, you've come to the right place. The Sessions are currently held every Sunday 22:00 GMT.
I'm here for two reasons:
Firstly, to promote our Weekly Sessions, to bring everyone who loves playing TF out of retirement, and back in the game! 2fort5, rock2, well6 .. remember? ! I know you're out there people, and (like me) you gave up looking for great games, w great players, on busy servers. TF isn't dead dudes - it's been resurrected! With the improved gameplay of AGR, and the strict Quality Control of the Weekly AGR Sessions, it's better than ever. My personal goal is to achieve 'Full House' - a 16 vs 16 player game!!!!! It's been too long people!
Secondly, we're looking for alternative hosts (one in the USA and one in Europe), so YOU can be a part of making this happen. Just think, once a week, YOUR server can proudly be the venue for the worlds BIGGEST CustomTF game! The Weekly AGR Session is the ONLY place in the world where one can consistently get an awesome BIG game. I'm lucky enough to play every week with a group of faithful, dedicated players, some of whom were old skool gurus, who gave up on TF years ago, and have returned just to play in my Weekly AGR Sessions!
What am I asking for?:
1. A port set up with Classic Prozac CustomTF, and the AGR code (which I can provide).
2. Myself, and one other player allowed to admin the games. (You can have the admin status only apply to the AGR Server, so it won't affect anything else)
3. Being allowed to upload our special 5 minute Intermission maps.
That's it. The Sessions go for about 3 hours. Do you know anyone who can help?
In the meantime, please read BOTH the AGR FAQ
, and the Weekly AGR Session FAQ
, so you'll know EXACTLY what's going on. And tell everyone you're busy this Sunday at 22:00 GMT.
See you there!